Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Lusby, Maryland Inpsection Jobs
- - By welder03 (*) Date 11-20-2015 23:52
I have seen several online adds posted from contractors and staffers in search of CWI's for the Lusby, Maryland area, the bit of checking I have done it looks like it is a LNG facility.  Does anyone have any info they would like to share on the project?  Is it one to avoid, or would it be worthwhile looking into?

Thanks,

Mike
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 11-21-2015 00:19
Is that the one the state of New York got cancelled because they had to have agreement by the gods, I mean governors, of surrounding states? 

Brent
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-21-2015 07:11 Edited 11-21-2015 07:33
That is an LNG Regasification and storage terminal facility in Lusby, Maryland... I was doing some welder training on SS piping there back in 2007... I remember back then they were still building the facility... A whole lot of SS piping of various diameters and schedules, a vaporizer, a heat exchanger, Liqueifaction components including various gas separators, compressors, cooling towers, refrigerant "Trains", separate low/medium  & high pressure cooling units, various condensers, superheaters, etc. & more piping,, piping for offshore off loading, a marine terminal and offloading facilities, Nickel cladded steel storage tanks with concrete outer lining about a foot or two thick with each tank constructed on top of a 5' thick foundation, a desalinization & demineralization plant, a variety of diesel generators, turbines and so many more components that I can't remember them all...

CBI(Chicago Bridge & Iron) was the primary construction contractor back then... That plant should have already been in operation for quite some time now so I think they're going through a scheduled shutdown and one of their objectives is to inspect weld integrity @ the critical locations throughout the facility...

Welds will predominantly be inspected by radiography...Other inspection methods (e.g., visual, magnetic particle, ultrasonic testing) may also be employed...

I don't know who I contracted to perform the work or if they have their own crew of inspectors so you're guess is as good as mine... It's a nice area to visit and it's south of Annapolis & Washington D.C... And the summers are fantastic down on the peninsula with some decent beaches.:lol::cool:
Good luck:wink::cool:

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 11-22-2015 15:51
Good to have you back old friend.

Al
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-22-2015 21:37
It's good to have you as a good friend Al! :grin::smile: Thanks pal.:cool:
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 11-23-2015 15:50
Happy Thanksgiving!

Best regards - Al
- By welderbrent (*****) Date 11-23-2015 23:02
Yes, to Henry especially, Happy Thanksgiving FRIEND.  Many well wishes and prayers have been answered by your return.

Al, OP, and others, Happy Thanksgiving one and all.  We have so much to be thankful for no matter how bad some things may look. 

We are truly blessed.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Lusby, Maryland Inpsection Jobs