Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Gvn Thnx
- - By Superflux (****) Date 11-28-2015 22:04
Now that we are in the "Shopping Season" (Post Black Friday and all...),
I wanted to thank the staff for opening up all the new shopping venues available here.
I've been looking for years on GREAT DEALS for Counterfeit Money, Since I travel extensively and abroad quite often, it would allow me great liberty on the distribution of these with minimal risk of getting caught.
That, AND I can finally get that coveted Phd. (and perhaps a couple of other advanced degrees) which is seriously just a major waste of time but will make a fine resume fluffer.
ps. If any of my fellow Forum Members have placed an order, PLEASE feel free to post us a review of your shopping experience.
Me, I'm scared as hell of even being affiliated with a site that allows such SH!T!!!

On a serious note, No, I am not scared, but I do feel saddened that this once great resource has fallen from grace and has been cheapened by allowing such krap to be posted.
Not so much that it gets snuk in, but is not IMMEDIATELY REMOVED.
Parent - By 46.00 (****) Date 11-28-2015 22:12
Pretty much my feelings as well!
Parent - - By 52757 (**) Date 11-30-2015 15:56
I am extremely dissapointed in AWS. I guess I should have known better, but after having the president of AWS personally tell me he would look into  what was going on in the forum, and then still no response, all I can say is that it  really builds trust in a organization that I used to have a lot of respect for. ( sarcasm). It just  goes to show that  the member don't mean sh--. It IS all just about the unholy dollar. The little guy doesn't mean anything to them except just remember to pay my dues. Don't  get me wrong,the respect I have for the participants here is increasing by the day, but the organization itself, well--- , respect is earned, not deserved.I sincerely hope that nobody leaves here because of it. This is the greatest learning site i have ever found.
Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 12-01-2015 01:00
Everyone is disappointed in AWS as of late
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 12-01-2015 12:00
Hey Carl, great job on the article.

Yeah, I understand everyone's frustrations, I see the spam in the newest forum "Forum News" and can't do anything about the spam in there....whomever made that forum topic didn't bother to give the only moderator rights to delete or edit in that forum. Bummer for sure. :sad:
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 12-01-2015 12:32
Don't feel too bad...I have been emailing and private messaging AWS and nobody has bothered to even reply to me, it appears that I'm the only moderator here from looking at the "Moderators Group" and to top it off, whomever it is that has been pulling the strings behind the scenes hasn't bothered to give their only moderator tools in all of these newest forum topics(several, I would list them, but don't want to give the spammers a leg up) to get rid of the spam that finds it's way in, nor do I have tools to lock out the frequent posters of spam.
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 12-01-2015 12:06
"On a serious note, No, I am not scared, but I do feel saddened that this once great resource has fallen from grace and has been cheapened by allowing such krap to be posted."-SuperJohn

Well, I find it a bit ironic that the moderator doesn't have the tools to edit that spam out of the topic titled" Forum News and Help".........so I guess that is what this AWS forum has become....Spam for all who look for "Help or News" in this forum.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Gvn Thnx