Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI application lacks few months of experience
- - By ddrake Date 12-10-2015 04:52
I am going to take the CWI exam next week, however, I lack few months of experience for the CWI title and I know that I will be CAWI instead (in case I passed the CWI score). So, my question is can I upgrade to CWI after those few months pass or shall I have a retest?

thanks.
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 12-10-2015 12:37
You may upgrade if you score high and then follow that up by logging the amount of time  required.

Keep in mind that there are serious limitations on the work a CAWI may perform unsupervised.  There are a number of threads on the forum detailing this.  Just do a search on CAWI.

If it's only a few months that does not sound like much of a problem.

I hope you pass the test. 

Come back and let us congratulate you!
Parent - By msharitt (**) Date 12-10-2015 13:04
As stated previously, A few months isn't that bad. When the time comes though the AWS wants an upgrade application, eye exam(If it's been over 7 months since your last one was submitted), Work experience(all 5 years), and $240. I believe that's it.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI application lacks few months of experience