Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / SMAW & GTAW or FCAW & GMAW Welding Program ??
- - By joejoey Date 12-23-2015 15:18
I've been thinking about CWB testing course from Weldtech training centre and got questions to all you experienced guys in this forum. Do you think it would be worth the time and money to complete the welding program? What’s the duration and fee structure of the training program ? Which course is the best one - SMAW & GTAW or FCAW & GMAW? Here is the further details of both the training program ( http://weldtechtraining.com/welding-courses/customized-welding-courses/fcaw ). I have no experience in welding field, so I really need your guidance. Any replies in this concern will be highly appreciated.
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 12-27-2015 21:57
"Weldcome" Joejoey!
I would like to recommend this course below:

Welding Technician Program: MIG, TIG & Stick Welding...  To produce quality welds on sheet metal and structural steel using the G.M.A.W. [Gas Metal Arc Welding(Mig)], F.C.A.W.[Flux Cored Arc Welding(Flux-Core)], S.M.A.W. [Shielded Metal Arc Welding(Stick)], and G.T.A.W. [Gas Tungsten Arc Welding(Tig)] welding processes with correct dimensions according to base metal thickness...  To produce welds of consistently good quality to pass visual inspection, destructive or non-destructive examination as required by standards and codes established by the following welding regulatory authorities Canadian Welding Bureau and American Welding Society. Enabling trainees to gain entry level employment in the welding industry. Weldtech will assist trainees in job searches and placements... All Modules will be 80% Practical and 20% Theory... Course Evaluation: Written Theory Test and Practical assignments... Weldtech Certificate is awarded to those trainees who pass with 70% or over.

Practical Certifications: Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB), SMAW (Stick) 1G, 2G, 3G & 4G (All Position), GMAW (Mig) 1G,
American Welding Society (AWS) D1.6 (Stainless Steel)... GTAW (Tig) 1F, 2F, 3F, 4F (All Position)...

1G = Groove weld Flat position, 2G = Groove Weld Horizontal, 3G = Groove weld Vertical, 4G = Groove weld Overhead position...
1F = Fillet weld Flat position, 2F = Fillet weld Horizontal, 3F = Fillet weld Vertical, 4F = Fillet weld Overhead position...

Course Duration: 7 Weeks 245 hours. 7 hour. Days, 35 hour Weeks...
Course Investment: Total =  $9249.00... Here's the link that describes this course:

http://weldtechtraining.com/welding-courses/customized-welding-courses/welder-combination-course-mig-tig-stick

Now, if you cannot afford this course. I would then recommend going to your local area community college and find out how much their welding courses cost... Hopefully you might be better off for your budget... So best of luck to you Joejoey and,

"WELDCOME TO THE WORLD'S GREATEST WELDING FORUM OF THE AMERICAN WELDING SOCIETY!" :grin::lol::cool:

Respectfully,
Henry
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / SMAW & GTAW or FCAW & GMAW Welding Program ??