Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Education Welding Books & Websites
- - By HessellT01 Date 01-03-2016 19:52
Hello,

I am currently a military welder and am interested in making the transition over as a civilian welder. I was wondering if anyone was able to help me with recommending any great welding books or websites. Interested in possibly welding inspection, symbols, and any other welding information that would help me. I would appreciate any feedback.

Thank you,

Tom
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 01-04-2016 00:32
You are in the right place. Check out the AWS Bookstore.

Best regards - Al
Parent - By mariagarcia (*) Date 05-24-2019 12:18
One of the best ways to sustain your pursuit of new and cutting-edge welding knowledge is reading up on the important books and trade journals relevant to the welding trade. Any successful welder should have their own well-rounded welding reference library.You can also take the reference from videos.
- - By Masonwinters Date 08-20-2018 17:49
Hello,

I am a welding instructor and have been using the AWS Welding Handbook, Volume 2, Part 1, 9th edition (2004) for the majority of my courses. However, this book is getting quite dated and I have been waiting for the release of a new edition but it has not come.

Is AWS going to renew this book? If so, when? And if not, I will need to find a new book to use for my courses.

Mason
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 08-20-2018 18:10
The reference books normally do not get updated as often as the code books but they all go through a continual review and update process.  As to a date?? I am not in a circle that can answer that off hand.  I can ask around but it may take a while.

Brent
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Education Welding Books & Websites