Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / practice tests(theory)
- - By cmg (*) Date 04-15-2003 01:28
I am new to the instruction world and i love it.....I find it both challenging and rewarding.I remember what it was like to have a instructor who was just there for a paycheck...at my expense,and i dont want to be like that,it is unfair to the students......im looking for mock up quizes and practice tests our school uses a.w.s.literature and tests but in would like to challange the students a little more..is there a site i could go to to download quizzes or does anyone have any to offer?????? im looking for off stuff such as cast iron tests and blueprint tests any info would be great .......thanks
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 04-15-2003 12:35
I think the simple 3/8" thick mild steel B-U2a, B-U4a test plates are great starters in the 1G or 2G then progress to the other positions as technique improves. Also moving to the 1" test will qualify for unlimited thicknesses. Pipe is always a challenge and can be fit up with various variables as technique improves further. Changing materials (aluminum)and combinations of materials are challenging as well. Also mastering the various processes are equally challenging.
Just some more thoughts,
John Wright
Parent - - By fbrieden (***) Date 04-15-2003 20:36
As an instructor, you can only test/quiz students on information and topics they have been taught. Base your evaluation on what you have presented to them, and by doing so, your own tests will be easy for you make.
Parent - By WBI (*) Date 04-25-2003 17:53
I agree that testing should be based on what one is taught. I have been both teacher and government examiner. I've written exams and quizzes for classrooms and jurisdictional certification exams. By far the easiest is to write an exam on what you know the student has been taught instead of what you think they have been taught. On the other hand, if you have a new group and want to know how to structure the course, you can write a quiz that covers a variety of training and experience to find out what the students know. That's the premise for jurisdictional certs.
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / practice tests(theory)