Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / CUTTING TORCH HANDLE NOT WORKING
- - By welder01 Date 02-22-2016 04:04
hello i just acquired a used torch with an oxy acetylene setup. works fine up until i try to cut something... the cuutting handle that adds more oxygen seems to not work. the plunger seems to go in but nothing happens the torch stays at the same flame it had before. any ideas if i need to rebuild my torch or what. thanks in advance
Parent - By 60John (*) Date 02-22-2016 13:58
Pull the tip out and then see if oxygen comes out when you pull the handle for cutting oxygen. Don't have the gas other than oxygen on at regulators. If no oxygen rebuild the torch if oxygen replace tip and make sure it is for the fuel gas you are using.
Parent - By Northweldor (***) Date 02-23-2016 12:22
What pressures are you using on regulators?
Parent - By Trackergd (**) Date 02-23-2016 18:43
Is there a small knob located somewhere near the plunger? :twisted:
Attachment: Knob.PNG - Looks like this.... (165k)
- By welder01 Date 02-23-2016 23:58
So im new to this stuff and apparently i just had a clogged tip . taking the tip off and seeing if the cutting oxygen came out worked and it did. i ran to my local welding shop and got a new one and it works great now. thanks for the help !!!
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / CUTTING TORCH HANDLE NOT WORKING