Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welding procedure specification
- - By munish kumar Date 02-25-2016 12:07
hello,

I want to know that during the welding of the two 12mm plate I am getting the root gap of appr 35 mm. How can i weld these two plates? can the buttering technique help it? Do i need to do any PWHT for this? and whether the stress reliving is necessary for this welding?
Parent - By Tyrone (***) Date 02-25-2016 12:29
Hello Munish kumar,
Welcome to the AWS Forum.

Before your question can be answered, you need to provide A LOT more detail.

To start with:
Weld code?
Plate material?
Weld process?

Then a lot more questions to follow.

PS - Do not post your question in multiple sections in this forum.

Tyrone
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 02-25-2016 16:15
Yeah, there are already answers in both sections.  Now the conversation starts getting all messed up.

Brent
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 02-25-2016 16:17
Munish,

That's a wide root opening.  What code are you dealing with?  It looks like you may need the engineer's opinion more than ours to get an okay on that.

If not an engineer situation, buttering to close the gap with no tie in until after the opening has been reduced and the materials brought back to a low temp then start on the weld as normal.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent

edit:moved response here from other section.
- By Rab8621 Date 05-12-2016 08:31
Good Day!

We are going to proceed for the welding of the Above ground Storage Tanks (Service Water, Raw Water, Potable water, fire water),,

Please, What's the required Qualifications for this type of welding? WPS & PQR

Thanks
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welding procedure specification