Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / Is it mandatory for Uesr to have Original Codes Books?
- - By Nalla (***) Date 04-08-2016 01:01
Dear Sirs
Most of the codes that i use are from my colleges or previous client Inspectors or as Uncontrolled Copy from my Parent Company
Is it mandatory to have Original Code Books directly Purchased Codes from AWS/ASME Bodies and/or its registered Vendors, for example-IHS?

If it is mandatory, pls indicate where it stated?

Pls explain below statement printed in AWS Codes-
Photocopy Rights. No portion of this standard may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any
form, including mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the copyright
owner.
Authorization to photocopy items for internal, personal, or educational classroom use only or the internal, personal, or
educational classroom use only of specific clients is granted by the American Welding Society provided that the appropriate
fee is paid to the Copyright Clearance Center, 222 Rosewood Drive, Danvers, MA 01923, tel: (978) 750-8400; Internet:
<www.copyright.com>.

What does it actually mean-
Copyright American Welding Society
Provided by IHS under license with AWS
No reproduction or networking permitted without license from IHS             Not for Resale

Thanks
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 04-08-2016 02:39
They are saying that if you reproduce the AWS code without paying the AWS for it you are violating the 8th Commandment.

Exodus 20:15
Parent - - By Nalla (***) Date 04-10-2016 22:16
8th Commandments/
Pls explain
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 04-11-2016 01:26
Thou shall not steal.
- By 803056 (*****) Date 04-13-2016 02:20
Considering the inspector is only as good as his reputation, it is best if the inspector's honesty is above reproach. An inspector working with a pirated copy of the code doesn't inspire confidence they are honest and trustworthy.

Al
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / Is it mandatory for Uesr to have Original Codes Books?