Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / New AWS CWI Part B 2016... Practice examination help please?
- - By Schvoontz Date 04-09-2016 19:51
Hello there, folks.

I sure hope you can help me.

I studied for the Part B retest, and was completely ready to NAIL it. And then when I got there, they handed me a totally new Part B Book Of Specifications. I don't think things went particularly well.

Does anyone know where to find the Practice Examination that goes along with the new 2016 Part B? I can't find it anywhere. I had to dig around a lot just to find the new Part B Book download. I really need the Practice Test for Part B, so that I can make sense of all of the new terminology, sections, "M-Numbers" system, Pipe, Structural, and Pressure Pipe sections....

Please help if you can. Can you point me to the practice exam for Part B 2016 on the AWS site? I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks.
Parent - By mwmw (**) Date 04-09-2016 23:06
You are not going to find any practice tests on the AWS website but i believe you can download the new part B. I would get that and study
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 04-09-2016 23:22
Schvoontz,

WELCOME TO THE AWS WELDING FORUM!!

When you sign up for the seminar you get the link to download the NEW Part B Book of Specifications, a homework assignment to be started before you arrive, and I believe the NEW Book of Exhibits.  The Part B is available on the AWS website for downloading by anyone...if you can find it.  That's the problem with tasking high schoolers with a website.

Yes, it is all new and quite different.  As far as I know there are no Practice Exam questions available for download, at least not yet.  They did a good number of practice questions from a powerpoint presentation by the seminar instructor and may have had a small number of practice questions as night work in the evening. 

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By mwmw (**) Date 04-10-2016 20:12
I dont think you get the Book of Exhibits before exam day
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 04-12-2016 02:02
Well, speaking from experience at the last seminar and exam in my area, yes, you at least get the Book of Exhibits during the seminar.  There is no other way to teach anything even closely related to the current Part B.  Without that book in hand Thursday and Friday would be totally wasted.  You have to have it to do the practice questions on the power point.  You have to have it to do other practice involved with the preparation. 

NOW, just my caution, since they do give you a Part B and a Book of Exhibits in the Part B portion of the exam, and since the weld samples in the exam are totally different than the ones used in the practice, I would consider the possibility that the Book of Exhibits given out during the seminar may be different than the one handed out during the exam.   Just say'n.

Brent
Parent - By mwmw (**) Date 04-12-2016 02:17
Thats correct. They give you a practice one during the seminar but the Book Of Exhibits you test on is supposed to be different on exam day. If you have a good understanding of WPS and PQRs it doesnt really make a difference though
- By mwmw (**) Date 04-10-2016 20:18
Actually you can get practice test and Book of exhibits on ebay now  ha
- By JON_THEcwi Date 08-17-2018 17:48
I offer a full Part B Training with the newest Part B, and have a 50 Question Test w real samples. Its basically an 8 Hour Seminar on Part B Only and specifically how to use the tools and time per question to your advantage. I'm 11 for 12 Students so far the first time ! 615-714-1425 for details ! I'm In Nashville !
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / New AWS CWI Part B 2016... Practice examination help please?