Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / who marks the AWS CWI examination? Help!!!
- - By Vansledge (*) Date 05-23-2016 19:33
hi forks, please I have a little question to ask and its urgent.
who marks the CWI examination? the agent or AWS, why am asking this is because my friend who didn't pass his part B during is first attempt will b writing tomorrow and with a diff agent (from the 1st one) the new agent is telling him that u can't measure a fillet weldsize with the gauge that what you are measuring is the width and this is diff from what the first agent taught him, so what do guys think (mind you I wrote with the first agent and I passed).
Thanks
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 05-23-2016 22:31
Seminar instructors are different than exam proctors and they don't overlap.  And the exams are all sent to Miami for scoring, nothing is done by anyone in the field. 

There are different ways of explaining how to use fillet weld gauges and different ways of making it applicable to the weld at hand.  BUT, there is only one correct answer on the test and each applicant must decide what works best for them in terms of the exact weld size and how to associate that with Table 6.1 in D1.1. 

Brent
Parent - By Vansledge (*) Date 05-24-2016 04:08
thanks for your explanation
- - By 803056 (*****) Date 05-24-2016 01:13
What country, that is, where are you taking the examination?

Al
Parent - - By Vansledge (*) Date 05-24-2016 04:06
Nigeria
Parent - By ralphlauren1912 Date 05-24-2016 07:51
Thank guy for this post
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 05-25-2016 02:37
Different regions of the world are handled differently.

AWS has agreements with various agencies that offer training and the CWI examinations. As Brent said, I believe the grading of the examinations is handled by AWS headquarters in Miami. If that is the case, the test answer sheets are scanned and graded by machine.

It would not be surprising for information to be muddled as the result of translating from one language to another. One instructor may interpret the information differently than another instructor listening or reading to the same instruction and translating it into a different language.

Best regards - Al
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / who marks the AWS CWI examination? Help!!!