Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Sections / Section 156: Inland Empire / the new part b specification for cwi exam
- - By samson73z Date 05-24-2016 20:31
i am doing my first retake for part b of the cwi exam. I was wondering if anyone in the southern california area knows of someone that can help me prepare for part b. i realize it brand new. i have read several post about schools not being familiar with the new exam and claims of these school basically being not being able to help you prepare. Honestly i felt i had trouble with the mechanical gauage part of the exam of the old part b. i read a post by a gentleman that sits on some committe and stated that there is pipe joints, cutting samples, rough surface sample which was not on the old part b.  anyways any suggestion to prepare for the NEW part b. I live in san bernadino ca.

shaun
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 05-24-2016 22:49
Take the two day Practical part of the seminar, Thursday and Friday.  They have weld samples, tools, and all material to prepare you for the new exam.  Others are still playing catch up as far as I know.  Look through the registration papers, you can take any of the 3 parts of the seminar: Code book to either D1.1 or API 1104, WIT for the Part A, and Part B Practical.  Each is basically 2 days now. 

Brent
Up Topic Sections / Section 156: Inland Empire / the new part b specification for cwi exam