Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Any tab restrictions\prohibilitions for code book ?
- - By HJLBX Date 05-24-2016 20:47 Edited 05-24-2016 21:55
I figure I should ask before I tab my code book.

Are there any restrictions, prohibitions when tabbing one's code book ?

I know loose postits are not permitted.

Are we allowed to use a copy of the Table of Contents, Table of Tables and Table of Figures ? 

This used to be allowed years ago, but now I am not sure.

I was going to use (1) tab for each Clause, Index - and perhaps Table of Contents, Figures & Tables.

Any suggestions ?
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 05-24-2016 22:20
There are no real restrictions on tabbing for the AWS CWI exams.  Tabbing is encouraged.  If you are attending the pre-exam seminar the instructor will give you some SUGGESTIONS on tabbing.  Some even hand out a sheet of suggested tabs. 

No loose copy of the TofC or TofT & TofF.  No loose pages period except for addendums/errata and really you should get them ahead of time and write them into your book.  First off, you will probably need them on the job sometime and if they are loose you probably won't have them or at least won't be able to find them.  Second, that is also a consideration on the exam, looking through them when they should just be entered into the text in the appropriate location to reduce ones time. 

So, bottom line recommendation from me, my two tin pennies worth, no loose pages at all.  Saves all kinds of trouble. 

Brent
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Any tab restrictions\prohibilitions for code book ?