Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI Test Results
- - By dford2004 Date 06-27-2016 17:40
Hello All,

I took my CWI exam on fathers day, 8 days ago. I was curious what the turn around on the results has been lately? I have been told anything from 5 days to 7 weeks, and the wait is a killer!!!!! Any info would help!

Thanks Much
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-27-2016 22:30
That about sums it up, a few days to a few weeks. 

They started getting results quicker then changed everything.  They also started sending out congrats emails pretty quick but then started getting swamped with calls from impatient examinees who heard from one of their friends that they had gotten an email stating they had passed and wondering where theirs was.

DDUUHH...if you didn't get one maybe it was because you didn't pass!  Ruined it so now you never know how long it will be until you get some kind of notice.

Brent
Parent - - By TimGary (****) Date 06-28-2016 12:02
One trick that may help you know a little early is to do a search for your name in the AWS Certification quick check function -

https://app.aws.org/certification/search

Sometimes this registers before you get notified.

Tim
Parent - By WeldinFool (**) Date 06-28-2016 18:07
We had one of our employees take the CWI exam back in March, he checked the AWS Certification quick check just like you suggested and found his name on there several weeks before he received any notification (yes, he passed).
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-29-2016 05:29
This function works a lot different and better than in years past.  Use the second function since you don't know your number, if you passed you would have one but without the notice you don't know.  So, name and DOB and you can find out. 

Like Tim said, sometimes it registers in the CWI Check system before anywhere else.

Brent
Parent - By monkeymg Date 07-06-2016 03:21
you definitely don't have to wait weeks, AWS will post within 7 to 10 days on your aws account, just login and check email.
Good luck.  If I take it this year it'll be my 3rd try.
- - By mwmw (**) Date 06-29-2016 02:44
I received my pass notification about a week after i took the test via AWS acct private messages
Parent - By mraschis (*) Date 06-29-2016 21:41
Yes, check out your AWS account frequently, I just got a test result notification for my SIE I took in Hartford, CT with a passing score. :smile:
Parent - - By remoran Date 06-30-2016 02:19
Got my results this way today later in the day got an e-mail also
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 06-30-2016 20:25
I checked my status and son of a gun, I was listed as "passed" before I died! Go figure!

Al
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 07-01-2016 00:01
Sorry to hear of your loss Al.  I know it is difficult to let go of one's self in these trying situations.  They may be allowing you time to turn in your 30 day written notice to your customers and employer.

Brent
- - By Jhuff Date 06-06-2018 12:49
I took the cwi exam 6 weeks ago. I was told that I would receive my results in 2-3 weeks by the test administer. The AWS website also says 2-3 weeks. I haven’t received anything. Neither has any of the other guys I know that took the test the same day. I called AWS to ask about a time frame to expect my results. They informed me that the machine they use to grade the test is not working. They are still working on some kind of system upgrade that they have been working on for months. Told me they had no idea when I could expect my test results.
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-06-2018 13:45
They are catching up quickly as we speak, so to 'speak'. 

Everything I have seen in print says 4-6 weeks and it is not a guarantee.  Only a hopeful process.  You are also told, in writing, not to call AWS as those answering the phones cannot give out information over the phone for confidentiality reasons and they don't have the info on hand to verify that you are qualified to be given your test results since it must be proven you have sent in the visual acuity, photo, employment/education/experience proof, etc. 

Patience is obviously NOT a virtue learned by most people attempting to become CWI's.
- - By Jhuff Date 06-06-2018 15:54
Yeah the AWS says 4-6 weeks now. It said 2-3 weeks before I made the previous post. Still have the screen shot of it lol. And yes when I pay for something. I expect to get what I pay for. I’ll get it when AWS gets around to it. Lol how much patience would you have if a garage working on your car told you 2-3 weeks to fix it and 6 weeks later tell you they don’t know when they’ll have it fixed. And these are graded by a scan machine. It takes longer to push the power button than for it to grade the test.
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-08-2018 17:43
How often do we really need to go through this?

Part B takes a lot more than just some scan machine and so do all the other challenges that people come up with.  I really wish all they did was feed it through a scanner, we would get rid of so many more borderline inspectors.  Just wait until Prometrics is the law of the land.  Taking one exam at the seminar, wait for results.  Schedule another exam.  Get results from a computer system right away and fail.  And we don't have to field anymore questions about how long.  PTL.
- By 803056 (*****) Date 06-09-2018 11:24
AWS isn't the only game in town. One could always opt for ASNT's ACCP Level II or Level III examination. At least that is recognized by the military sector.

If the vendor isn't responsive to the demand, buy from a different vendor. You aren't happy with Walmart, shop at Target.

Al
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI Test Results