Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Parts for CK Systematics 250Amp Mig
- - By nivram Date 04-25-2003 01:26
The mig is a MP250. I got a good deal on this unit. However it only came with a spool gun. I'd like to get regular mig gun for it. Does anyone know if a Miller, lincoln, or Hobart gun will attach and work? Any information is appreciated.
Parent - - By brande (***) Date 05-03-2003 03:39
If you can get me a schematic on your machine, I can probably tell you how to hook up a spoolgun.
Let me know your choices of spoolgun as well. All spoolguns can be hooked up, just some are easier than others.
The Profax gun is very adaptable and reasonably priced. It is also tough as nails. Consider it on your list.

Good Luck
brande
Parent - - By nivram Date 05-03-2003 20:41
How would I go about getting the schematics? I bought this unit used and haven't been successful finding contact info on the manufacturer. I would love to find a copy of the owner's manual. However all that I got was the unit and a spoolgun. I want to weld steel with the unit and need a regular gun.

Any ideas on how I maight be able to get the manufr info? I understand that this company is also known as Systematics.

Thanks,
Marvin
Parent - By brande (***) Date 05-04-2003 03:08
Marvin,
The last number I have for Systematics in West Chester, PA is 610-696-9040 phone and 610-430-8714.
I did get some feeder parts from them a few years back.
If this number isn't any good, let me know.

brande
Parent - By TRC (***) Date 05-03-2003 16:02
The answer to your question is maybe. The brand really doesn't matter because they are all much the same as far as electronics go. It depends on how old the power source is and how old the feeder is. The deciding factor will be the voltages that the p/s puts out in reguards to powering the motor in the feeder. A p/s that is over about 15 years old will probably have a 115 vac output to drive the feeder. The newer ones will have (I believe) a 24 vac motor in the feeder. So if the p/s only has 115 vac and the feeder is 24 vac you have a problem. Check the manual carefully, most of the newer p/s have both 115 vac and 24 vac on tap. The contactor should not be a problem because all that occurs during a trigger pull is the closing of the switch in the circut. Go to your local weld supply house and talk to their mechanic, I'm sure he can explain this in better detail. I'm not a welding machine mechanic but have been working with this issue for years while working in the field.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Parts for CK Systematics 250Amp Mig