Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / PQR country basis
- - By tufanbora Date 08-01-2016 08:22
I want to carry out all PQR weld test in my country (not in project country) with accrediated Inspection body and mechanical test by Independent accrediated Test Labaratory.
My client asking  "show us document from government that this PQR and mechanical test reports acceptable in this country".
Does client has technically right to ask PQR acceptance from project country?
I am thinking what is the validity period of PQR ? ( I know as there is not limit)
I am thinking Accrediated Inspection Body and Accrediated Independent Test Labaratory must be enough for PQR approval anywhere of the world. Or am I wrong?

And

Where I am planning PQR weld test and mechanical tests; accreditation body of government which is accrediate Inspection Body and Test Labaratory is a full member of IAF (International Accredittion Federation) EA (European Accreditation) and ILAC.

And

Project where belong to (Azerbajican), government accreditation body which is accrediate Inspection Body and Test Labaratory is not a member of IAF (International Accredittion Federation) EA (European Accreditation) and ILAC or anywhere. (they are not under control) And where I am asking this non-certified goverment accreditation body, they replied me "We are not a member of anywhere about accreditation, we do not have aggrement to accept other country laboratory report, other country laboratory shall accreditated from ourself"

I need help to reply my client technically with letter.
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 08-01-2016 10:59
As is always, we need to know what welding standard you are working to. It would also be helpful if you shared the applicable paragraphs of the project specification that addresses the requirements for welding procedure and welder qualification. The client may have input as to the means and methods of qualification, however, in most countries I would think the requirements have to be included in the bid package. Were that not the case, one would be bidding on a job without knowing the details for the applicable code, design assumptions, materials, qualification, fabrication, etc. That would be a silly for any contractor to submit a quote without knowing the requirements.

Al
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 08-01-2016 14:06
Tufanbora,

GREETINGS AND WELCOME TO THE AWS WELDING FORUM!!

I can't improve on Al's guidance and his first questions are important to a good response from us so please help us help you.

Now, what I would like to know is:
1) Do to some upcoming changes in this forum, are you by chance an AWS member?
2) What country are you from/in?
3) How did you discover this forum?

Please, I would appreciate your responses to these questions if you could help us.

Brent
Parent - - By tufanbora Date 08-02-2016 09:05
I am by chance AWS member. I am looking forum where am I find answer about welding technical documents.
I am from Turkey and project at Azerbajian
Our welding job acc.to ASME B31.3 ( so PQR documentation acc. to ASME Sect.IX) for piping
and acc.to EN 15614-1 for steel structure.

I am welding engineer, 11 years experience.
As I describe my first mail, I will carry out PQR inspection test and laboratort test with accrediated place at Turkey.
Client asking letter that show these PQRs that ı will carry out at Turkey acceptable at Azerbaijan land.

As I know 100 %, my PQR acceptable at European countries, accrediated inspection body and lab acceptable and think as accrediated for Euopean countries due to agreement letter between inside Europan countries.This agrement help buy-sell product between European countiris. This Azerbaijan authorized accreditation government place are not (and can not be) a member of EA (European Accreditation) and IAF, hence there is not an agreement letter between countries. And Turkey and Azerbaijan both use same accreditation standard EN ISO/IEC 17025 and EN ISO/IEC 17020:2004. I talked Azerbaijan authorized acrediated place, they tell me, this lab and inspection body shall accrediate from them.

There will be accrediated inspection body and mechanical test lab for PQR documents, Does my client right to ask letter that show PQRs that will carry out at Turkey or other company acceptable at Azerbaijan land?

I think PQR mentality, I think validation period of PQR. I do not know any standard written, only Accrediated Inspection body and lab enough for PQR approval.
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 08-02-2016 18:16
I would think the project specification would say whether all testing must be done in-country. In the absence of a requirement in writing, I would think the requester's demands to be nonbinding. However, you are working in a country that I have no first hand knowledge of. Good luck.

Al
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 08-02-2016 21:38
My questions were mainly because of some changes expected shortly to who may be able to access the welding forum here, I thank you for responding to that.

The info also helped us understand more what you are facing and I agree with Al, hard to know when you are facing government and contractual considerations that we are not familiar with.

Brent
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / PQR country basis