Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / This forum helping welders...
- By PlasmaHead2 (***) Date 08-01-2016 23:33 Edited 08-01-2016 23:46
Sooo.... a post from 2005 from this forum showed up 5th in a google search for cast iron welding.
I'm looking for the flux(ferro flux as the post reminded me...) to do it with good old oxy/fuel. 
Its a home project... The boss let me have an old(ish) but very stout band saw. 1 minor crack to fix...

How would I have found that If I wasn't an aws member?
What kind of revenue would be generated if no one could get in to stare at the pop ups? (ok, im being a bit cynical...:twisted:)

sorry for the silly sized pics... the 2 have nothing to do with the saw.
They are "welded" alumina fragments... the ones from when a "whoops" happens and the GTAW torch hits the floor... yeah. :roll:
Neodymium magnets are fun... It needs more Ar shielding, better control over movement and more than 15 min on break at work to pull off with better results... And maybe a furnace for proper pre-heat...
If anyone in the management of AWS is reading, this forum matters to some of the welders out in the real world...
And to some of us silly geeks that have access to welding equipment :yell::twisted::lol::lol::lol::evil:
-Clif
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / This forum helping welders...