Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Need Some Work Help
- - By welderbrent (*****) Date 09-17-2016 20:52 Edited 09-17-2016 20:56
Afternoon everyone,

Several drastic things and a different job location with LOUSY internet have caused much absence and little participation for a while. 

But, I could use some help.

In December, 2016, through at least January, 2017, I need to be in OR for family reasons.  Mom and Dad need our help in a very critical way. 

So, for that length of time it will be difficult to be without work.  Thus, does anyone in the Portland, OR Metro Area know of anything at ll that may be available to supplement and old inspector while he takes care of family issues?  I might even consider putting my hood back on if really needed. 

All my contact info is on here if you go to my profile or just post it in this thread. 

edit: oh yeah, best profile is actually on Linked In.  Just do a search for Brent Boling.

Thanks,

Brent
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 09-18-2016 15:11
Sorry to hear you have family matters to take care of. I know what that is all about.

Al
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 09-18-2016 21:46
Thanks Al.

And, how is yours going?  All well considering all the circumstances? 

Offer still stands by the way, if you need anything.

Brent
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 09-19-2016 03:12
She has a long road ahead of her. No idea of when she'll be able to come home.

Thanks for asking.

Al
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 09-19-2016 01:02
Wish I knew of something. Hope it all works out.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 09-19-2016 03:55
Thank you sir.

So far I have gotten lots of information and contacts.  Thankfully I have time to see what the Lord has for me in order to work this out in the best possible way.

Brent
Parent - By fschweighardt (***) Date 09-19-2016 11:39
Vigor Shipyards, maybe Greenbrier.  There was a guy on here that I think works at Vigor.  Galencwi is his screen name
Parent - - By qcrobert (***) Date 09-19-2016 22:01
Brent,
I am the QA Manager at westernp.com in Eugene, Oregon but that is 2.5 hrs drive from Portland.  I might have some connections in the Salem area which is about an hour from Portland.

You are highly qualified but we don't have any management positions available at his time but I know I could get you on as a fabricator/welder if you can't find other work.

PM me or email robertp@westernp.com when it gets closer to November if interested.  In the meantime I will keep you & your family in my prayers.

Regards
Robert
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 09-20-2016 02:04
For the record Robert, I am not exploring a permanent move but could easily make it more than the couple of months mom will need for recovery. 

Management sounds a little beyond what I would expect for a 'short term' position. 

Believe me, I am serious about doing about anything needed: inspections, welding, consulting, at any level. 

Thanks for your help and prayers. 

Brent
Parent - By qcrobert (***) Date 09-20-2016 19:37
When it gets closer to your visit let me know and I'll see what we can do.

Robert
Parent - By Joey (***) Date 09-26-2016 15:53
Brent, I'm imagining if I will migrate to US today, how fast I can get a job that suits my skill as CWI.  Will I get a job easily and how am I compete with locals who have been looking for the same job? Maybe I will start from NDT technician, or QC assistant, or PWHT technician, or those tough jobs that locals are avoiding..., just to survive in the first few months.
Once I get adjusted with the new working environment....I believe I will excel as long as I'm productive, obedient &  honest worker.
I'll wait and learn from you Brent:lol:
Parent - By tim105 (**) Date 09-26-2016 03:40
You could always try Greenberry Industrial, they do a lot of paper mills in Washington and Oregon.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Need Some Work Help