Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / starting pay for a new cwi
- - By bumble Date 09-20-2016 16:33
i have been welding and fitting for many years and shop foreman in idaho utah area fab shops.  jjust  got my cwi.  what kind of pay does a cwi make in utah idaho wyoming area?   thanks
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 09-20-2016 18:05
Congratulations Brian. 

Small town, large city, fab shop QC, third party QA, pipeline, refinery, power plant, new fabrication, shutdowns, travel or stay around home, and the list goes on.

Everything will influence what a CWI can expect.  And, most won't care how many years in the trades you have, it's what that first two digits on your CWI card says for years of experience as a CWI.  Some even complain because if they mess up and have to requalify they get a new number and everyone things they are a new inspector.  And it doesn't do any good to try to reason with them. 

If you are going to stay in shops in those regions, while I would like to see you making more for all our sakes, be prepared to be offered $18-25/hr.  There will be some higher, and, really sorry to say, there will be some trying to get you for even lower.  Benefits are a battlefield everywhere. 

Good luck,
He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By bumble Date 09-20-2016 20:08
i know   there are a lot of variables.   thanks for your reply
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / starting pay for a new cwi