Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Not without a fight! school needs $
- - By monique Date 05-02-2003 00:16
Thank you for all welcoming me here. I was encouraged to share yet another story about colleges losing funding for welding and technical programs. Santa Monica College in California is cutting entirely its welding and automotive department. We students are trying to put up a fight. We signed petitions, passed around pledges for donations, wrote letters and have attended board meetings. We have another one on Monday. We have talked to companies in the area, particularly those we buy from and pretty much have been told by the board that without some grand donations we're outa here. If there is a way to come up with the money I sure would like to be part of the solution. I want to thank those who replied to my random email. And I empathise with those who are going through the same.
Parent - By MBlaha (***) Date 08-07-2003 17:25
Well Monique, I will not be able to send you any money. I was notified on Monday that my job, Welding Instructor for a large manufacturing facility, is being cut on Nov. 4th, 2003 due to low sales and our department having to cut $1.6 million out of its budget.
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Not without a fight! school needs $