Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Trailblazer
- - By rongin Date 05-03-2003 11:06
Looking to buy a used trailblazer 44g it's been sitting for five years. It has 2200 hrs. don't know the year. wanted to know if anyone can give me any info on the machine or where I can get a manual and parts. Thanks.
Parent - By Northweldor (***) Date 05-05-2003 12:36
If you go to the Hobart message board, the Miller/Hobart experts there will tell you the exact age from the model and serial no. and you can go to the Miller website and possibly download the correct manual.
Parent - - By DavidP66 (*) Date 05-05-2003 16:20
In my personal exp. I found that gas welders tend to need more work than diesels. If this welder has been sitting for 5 years i would be very leary of it. And, at 2200 hours for a gas engine, Im willing to bet it needs a lot of work, or will in the near future.

From what i have seen, after 1000-1500hrs, the gas engines are all down hill from there.

Providing all the electrical is in good shape. I would still have to pay next to nothing to buy a welder such as this. No, i havnt seen it, but i am very partial to diesel welders. We used to use them in the Navy with 5000-6000 hrs and they ran like champs.

just my two cents
David
Parent - - By jimwelds (**) Date 05-05-2003 20:03
one guy from continal engine they that had one diesel that had 14,000 hours on it. also said to change oil and air filter every 100 hr. Jim
Parent - By DavidP66 (*) Date 05-06-2003 17:35
At 14K hours i would say that that engine payed for its self 3 times ;)

If you intend to just use this welder for general use. and again. be able to get the welder for next to nothing, if needed, buy a new gas engine and give the electrical a good cleaning and replace the small stuff..

but if your going to be using this machine for "industrial" style use go for a newer one..

long live the diesel

David
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 05-06-2003 18:46
http://www.millerwelds.com/service/ownersmanuals.php
Here's a link to the "Blue owner's manuals"
Hope this is what you were asking for,
John Wright
Parent - By rongin Date 05-07-2003 01:25
Hey Everyone -

Thanks for the responses to my questions regarding the Miller Trailblazer. All the input was helpful. This website has been a big help too.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Trailblazer