Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welding Tools- Pipefitting
- - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-17-2016 03:04
Just bouncing around YouTube and this popped up. Never seen them before and wondered if anybody was using these. I do the standard tape measure/level thing for risers, flanges but the 45's always get me. Just not sure they are as accurate as I want them.

Look pretty handy but I have a flange wizard or some doo doo here for my square and it's sole purpose in my shop is holding papers to my metal toolbox, levels are quicker it seems.

Out in Grand Junction, Colorado. Wish I knew about these last August because I spent 4 nights in Grand Junction sightseeing in Moab.

Thoughts on these.

http://www.crgweldingtools.com/
Parent - - By TRowe (*) Date 10-23-2016 03:31
I have seen and used these before. They do speed up the process when dealing with 45's and they are accurate (provided your tape measure isn't jacked and you don't drop something large on them - ALUMINUM). The flange square can be useful as well, but I prefer using a plain 'ol framing square and tape. I have not purchased any of these tools, but living and working somewhat close to Grand Junction, I know several welders that have them and use them.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-23-2016 15:37
Thanks TRowe. I was looking at the 45 and the 90, figured they would be good for risers and other things. Kind of wish they sold them separately.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welding Tools- Pipefitting