Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Looking for an exp. Weld Engineer
- - By rtrautman (*) Date 05-05-2003 15:09
We are looking for an experienced Weld Engineer near Fargo, ND. Minneapolis-St. Paul??? With a strong background in semi-automatic SAW for on-site consulting. Need ASAP. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Parent - - By swift (*) Date 05-06-2003 01:14
Semi-Automatic SAW? How do you control the travel speed? I have used the little drive that can be attached to a handheld gun, but found it very difficult to hold steady. Bug-all track worked ok. I also considered building a three wheeled "training wheels" attachment but the need for handheld was not great. Are you looking for a one time visit to help set up the process?
Parent - By rtrautman (*) Date 05-06-2003 11:54
Swift, It's large diameter conical tube on tank rolls.
Parent - - By DGXL (***) Date 05-06-2003 01:32
rt:
I can do this (without any training wheels, guides, etc.) on steel & SS. My schedule is full now, but if I can't get out there, I may know someone who can, the guys that taught me. They have a place in MI.

I can send you a number of photo's of the guys I have certified over the years using semi-auto SAW on heavy structural weldments. Post a contact. I am in CA. Trying to avoid travel at the present time due to workload here.

Look Ma, no hood...
Parent - By rtrautman (*) Date 05-06-2003 11:56
DGXL, Send me some phone numbers or e-mail addresses and qualifications of these fellows in MI. Thanks for your response.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Looking for an exp. Weld Engineer