Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / What a Trip!!
- - By welderbrent (*****) Date 12-03-2016 21:21
Made it to OR for my mom's heart surgery.  Valve replacement and some other 'clean up'. 

Was in SC for a little better than 3 weeks on a job doing inspection and consulting for a job going to Los Angeles.  Flew home Tuesday.  Went with son Darrell to get a couple of jobs done that night.  Had to take my wife and finish them Wed while Darrell went to another job.  Finished packing Wed night and Thursday morn and pulled out for OR.  Got to Kingman and a tire blew on the trailer.  Peeled the rubber off, wrapped it around the axle, tore out the wiring for brakes on two axles and the rear slide out.  Had to change a tire along the highway, then turn around and go 12 miles back to town to get brakes fixed and ended up buying two tires to make sure another one didn't go.  Then, hit snow in eastern OR for about 100 miles.  Made for a slower trip than I had planned but we are here.

So, anyone in this area and on this forum, if you have any work come up that you could use an extra hand with I am available starting the week of the 12th. 

Thanks,  Brent
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 12-04-2016 15:27
Good morning fellow forum members.

Well, found out last night mom is in a dream world.  Her condition is much worse than she had told us and dad isn't saying much either.  My sister is totally beside herself trying to get both of them to wake up and realize how serious this is. 

Prayers would be greatly appreciated.  Sure, for a successful surgery but overall just that all would see the hand of a mighty God who is in control of all things and death does come to us all. 

At 83, Mom has had a good and, until this, reasonably healthy life.  If this is her time it will be hard but also not unexpected and totally accepted. 

Thanks for listening, Brent
Parent - By mcostello (**) Date 12-05-2016 01:46
Prayers gladly offered.
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 12-05-2016 02:37
Brent,........we're praying buddy
Parent - By SWN1158 (***) Date 12-05-2016 18:06
Brent, I just saw your post and I prayed for your mom. Our collective prayers have reached God’s heart.

For your mom....

I Refuse To Be Discouraged

I refuse to be discouraged,
To be sad, or to cry;
I refuse to be downhearted,
and here’s the reason why . . .

I have a God who’s mighty,
Who’s sovereign and supreme;
I have a God who loves me,
and I am on His team.

He is all wise and powerful,
Jesus is His name;
Though everything is changeable,
My God remains the same.

My God knows all that’s happening;
Beginning to the end,
His presence is my comfort,
He is my dearest friend.

When sickness comes to weaken me,
To bring my head down low,
I call upon my mighty God;
Into His arms I go.

When circumstances threaten
to rob me from my peace;
He draws me close unto His breast,
Where all my strivings cease.

And when my heart melts within me,
and weakness takes control;
He gathers me into His arms,
He soothes my heart and soul.

The great "I AM" is with me,
My life is in His hand,
The "Son of the Lord" is my hope,
It’s in His strength I stand.

I refuse to be defeated,
My eyes are on my God;
He has promised to be with me,
as through this life I trod.

I’m looking past all my circumstances,
To Heaven’s throne above;
My prayers have reached the heart of God,
I’m resting in His love.

I give God thanks in everything,
My eyes are on His face;
The battle’s His, the victory’s mine;
He’ll help me win the race.
- By welderbrent (*****) Date 12-05-2016 18:38
Thanks Mark, John, and Scott.  I appreciate your prayers, words of encouragement, and support along the way.

This has been an interesting last couple of months and it really took a turn when we got here and discovered the doctors wanted to do this surgery a month or two ago.  She didn't want to rush us and didn't want to have the surgery until we got here to take care of dad.  So, here we are.  She is in surgery at this very moment for another 4 hours or so.  While she is in recovery dad has several doctors visits and an eye surgery.  Not that it will help him see any better. 

Anyway, thanks again.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / What a Trip!!