Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / welding slide chart ??????????
- - By slag Date 05-07-2003 03:17
wher can i buy or get one free??
Parent - By goodarc Date 05-11-2003 01:44
Miller, That's where I got mine.......
Parent - - By pino (*) Date 05-13-2003 18:30
Hobart also has them
Parent - - By slag Date 05-13-2003 22:34
thank's for the info. slag
Parent - - By slag Date 05-17-2003 12:00
thank's to all of you. i've got one now. thank's! slag
Parent - - By Niekie3 (***) Date 05-26-2003 19:47
Hi Slag

So, where did you get one from? What is the chance of also getting one? What the heck is a welding slide chart anyway?

I just like really neat gadgets, and this sounds like one!

Regards
Niekie
Parent - - By DGXL (***) Date 05-26-2003 20:29
Niekie:
I have 3 Miller slide charts that were given to me by a welding rep. after purchasing about $75K worth of welding equipment for a client. They came in a neat little blue plastic packet with the Miller logo. I have never used them, but they look like "neat little gadgets". I understand they are very cheap to obtain (a few bucks each).

I think these are the part numbers:
TIG Calculator: 171086
MIG Calculator: 086 446
Stick Calculator: 171 087

Maybe if you spend $80K you can get a FCAW calulator too if they have one!

Parent - - By Niekie3 (***) Date 06-02-2003 19:49
Thanks, but what does one actually do with this calculator? What does it calculate?

Regards
Niekie Jooste
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 06-02-2003 20:56
Niekie,

They are cool little thingies, consisting of a cardboard pocket with little holes in them and another piece of cardboard that slides up and down inside. The data on the inside card (i.e. amps, wire-feed, voltage, gas flow, filter-shade etc.) matches the corresponding parameters on the outside card (material type, thickness/gauge, joint type-fillet-groove etc.) You slide the inside up and down and the data in the little windows provide basic parameters for the process specific to the calculator. and no batteries!

The nifty gadgets are available for SMAW, GTAW, and GMAW.

Most local vendors (if they are smart) will provide these as a complementary gift along with a purchase. They are also common bag stuffers at trade shows.
Parent - - By Niekie3 (***) Date 06-03-2003 17:22
Hi Lawrence

Thanks for the info. I have not seen one around here, (South Africa) but then the problem is that I probably do not buy enough hardware to justify being given one. (Why bribe somebody that will in any case not give you business.)

Regards
Niekie Jooste
Parent - By CHGuilford (****) Date 06-04-2003 13:06
I know what you mean Niekie! Our sales rep gives the freebies to our superintendents and managers, but stopped giving me any, ever since I shot down the idea of changing to different processes and filler metals.
Oh well!
Chet Guilford
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 06-04-2003 21:20
Hey Niekie! All you have to do is get political with your welding sales reps and they'll give you whatever you want!!!
Make them earn your "Exclusivity" - means loyalty.
P.S. Lincoln electric also has a preheat circle chart available for order.
Try their website and look under educational tools and books.
Those Miller sliding charts are in the Miller website, and they are relatively inexpensive.

Run Silent, Run Deep
SSBN 727
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / welding slide chart ??????????