Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / What do you think about " Super-TIG Welding"
- - By JungHyun Park Date 02-08-2017 10:08
HI,  I'm studying Super-TIG Welding from Korea

Can I know your opinion?

Super-TIG Welding is High Deposition rate TIG Welding.

This Welidng is using C-Filler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjiiV17CR94
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 02-09-2017 09:59
My opinion is that you are trying to sell this.  (good for you)

Sciaky has been doing this for 27 years

Tip-tig has been doing for 10 years
Parent - - By 46.00 (****) Date 02-09-2017 13:55
Hot wire TIG?
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 02-09-2017 17:45 Edited 02-09-2017 17:49
Ya know,   I'm not sure Tip-tig does hot wire or not...    If I go to Ed, Craig's website I get lost for hours, so don't venture there often anymore :)

But I see nothing new here and suspect this is just a sales message for something that might well be a technology or patent lift.

Looks cool for cladding though :)      But I really question if this would have a lower overall heat input than some GMAWP that's out there... Especially Fronius and their Euro competitors, who I think are the leaders in cladding and for sure GMAWP.

When you see side to side weaving, there is going to be some big heat input, no matter how fast the travel speed and how high the deposition rate...  But that's just something to think about, and dependent on how sensitive the base metal is to that kind of thing.
Parent - By JungHyun Park Date 02-10-2017 00:56
Fronius and Polyshoude developed Twin Tungsten electrode weldig type. Called "Tiger" or Something.

This Welding type have same propose that Depend arc pressure.  Euro process Max.Deposition rate is 5kg/hr.

And Currently, We don't sell to foreign countries.
Parent - - By JungHyun Park Date 02-10-2017 00:48
Thank you for your opinion.

I know thatTIP-TIG, but TIP-TIG has many probleam. So , Most Korea Company don't use that.

What kind of Sciaky welding type? I just know Sciaky's Additive manufacturing.
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 02-13-2017 02:45
**** OFF!!!!!!
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / What do you think about " Super-TIG Welding"