Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / New member with a question!
- - By Jacobbean2630 Date 02-09-2017 01:33
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum and had a question. I plan on breaking out within the next year or two. I've been helping for about 6 months and know I have A LOT to learn. I am planning on getting a truck to rig up. I have found a killer deal on a used dodge, the only thing is its a 3/4 ton. I want to know if it would be feasible to use to start out. The truck already has a leveling kit and rear airbag suspension as well. Any input is greatly appreciated!
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 02-09-2017 13:19
How much experience do you have?  In what fields?

How much resources do you have financially to support this new endeavor? 

What kind of contacts do you have? 

Do you know what you need for insurances, licenses, equipment?  Especially your welder? 

What welder qualifications/certifications do you have? 

Make sure you think it through all the way.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 02-09-2017 16:38
I think everyone should trying gong into business on their own at least once in their life. It can be a rude awakening to the realities of running a business.

A bankruptcy or two builds character. It can even get you elected as President.

Al
Parent - By 357max (***) Date 02-09-2017 16:47
This is what makes the United States of America Great ~ the Freedom to Fail. We are given certain Unalienable Rights by the Creator one is the Equal Opportunities to fail or succeed
Parent - By Jacobbean2630 Date 02-10-2017 04:03
I'm planning on just working for a contractor, I have a welding machine I can use and the basic tooling necessary for the most part. Just need beveling machines and torches. Like I said I haven't been helping all that long and know I have A LOT to learn. The thing about it is this is my absolute passion, I honestly feel like I don't even work while I'm in the field. I'm bound and determined to do this and be the best I can be.
- - By nins Date 02-10-2017 07:19
hi everyone, i'm nin and i am new kid here. i have a question about arc burns. does anyone know how can we know that there is a defect like arc burn on the pipe ? thank youuu:lol:
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 02-10-2017 13:16
You already started your own thread, don't hijack other threads with your agenda.  We will get to yours soon enough, in fact, LOOK, there are two responses there now!!  Imagine that.
Parent - By Jacobbean2630 Date 02-11-2017 01:49
^ thank you! Welderbrent
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / New member with a question!