Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Need your help in choosing E6010
- - By TommyKad Date 03-14-2017 11:59
Hello friends,

I would like to know what are the best E6010 electrode manufacturer in your area? (in terms of quality and procedure)

Please submit a link.

Thank you very much.
Parent - By 357max (***) Date 03-14-2017 20:24
What type of welding machine will you be using, Transformer Rectifier - Single/Three Phase primary input, Motor Generator, Limited Wattage/overlapping amperage ranges Engine Generator - Single/Three phase weld output, engine generators/alternator w/inverter/chopper outputs, inverter/electronic? Some or all the machines may or may not weld 6010 very well or as well as expected. Inverters have or have had a propensity for arc outages when whip & pause technique is used with some 6010s. There is a reason an electrode manufacturer may have two or more offerings for one classification.
Have your distributor help you with sample packs of electrodes to see which one in your humble opinion provides the arc you like. 6010s could produce a globular or spray transfer dependent on their flux formula.
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 03-29-2017 19:20
I have been using Lincoln 5P+ for 9 years exclusively and have used them on an old Lincoln Ranger 8, old SA250, a new Vantage 300 and my shop machine is a Lincoln 225 TIG machine I use more for stick than TIG. I have never failed a weld test or xray with either of these machines or the 5P+ E6010's. Personally, nobody else makes a 6010 rod that compares to Lincolns products. Just my .02 cents.
Parent - - By mcostello (**) Date 03-30-2017 02:37
Maybe the old saying applies here, "it's not the gun, it's the gunner."
Parent - By Tyrone (***) Date 03-31-2017 11:21
In some cases it's the gunner.  There's also differences from the manufacturer.  Even the top dogs have hiccups when they change their manufacturing process to cut costs, improve efficiency, etc.

Tyrone
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Need your help in choosing E6010