Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Custom made qualification purge plate with Pelican case
- - By MRWeldSoCal (***) Date 04-05-2017 01:29
My company has been busy this winter building a Purge plate kit for the on-the-go inspector in the aerospace industry.  It comes complete with its own pelican case and everything you could need for a welder qualification.  I also have a procedure qualification plate in the works.
Id like to hear what you think.

JM

----> http://imgur.com/gallery/uZKzl
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 04-05-2017 01:37
So, you are qualifying the welders with backing and purge?

I typically have the client make a fixture so they have it available for practice and anytime they need to qualify their welders. Also, maintenance is their problem, because it will be abused over, and over, and over.

I have a similar design, but there is a deep slot for open root. The purge, a pipe with numerous holes drilled through it, can be inserted if it is needed.

The fixture for procedure qualified includes a 22 inch slot  so I can weld 20 inch long coupons when necessary.

Best regards - Al
Parent - - By MRWeldSoCal (***) Date 04-05-2017 01:50
Usually for aerospace sheet metal yes I do.  I made these kits to sell, I made 4 of them to see what I could get going.  I have a procedure qualification plate too in the works.  You can unbolt the copper strip and also run open root on this one as well.  I tried to get it in a case type package set up so that everything is in one place.

JM
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 04-05-2017 03:34
Nice.

Al
Parent - By Metarinka (****) Date 04-10-2017 16:21
Very nice and clean, that is exactly what we used for welder qualifiation here in aerospace

Hardest part would be finding customers.

PM me what part of socal you're in, I operate out of Los Angeles nice to network with people in the industry here.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Custom made qualification purge plate with Pelican case