Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Advice for Building a 6000sqft Steel frame Warehouse
- - By Tasdidalvi Date 06-04-2017 22:34
We are looking to build a roughly 6000sqft building to be used mainly for product storage for our business. We also want to have a small office, work area and bathroom.
I've helped build a couple of garages, but no idea where to start with something this size. I've been in touch getting quotes/info from all the bigger Canadian companies (Olympia, Norsteel, etc) but can't find any reviews of any companies and really not even sure how to compare side by side quotes. How thick concrete base would I need (warehouse will house pallet racking, forklift and tile/granite among other things).
Even spending a lot of time on google I haven't been able to find hardly any info. Any help on where to start, past experiences?
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 06-05-2017 01:44
Parent - By Kabur Date 06-05-2017 12:00
Try-  www.LegacyBuildingSolutions.com
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-05-2017 23:38
Depending upon your location, many of your questions will be dependent upon local jurisdictions and codes.  Engineering is mandatory in some cases and will vary with the soil, prep work, application/usage, snow loads, earthquake zones, and winds.  That will guide you as to concrete thickness and prep work as well as other pre building work.
Parent - By Jawadratul Date 06-07-2017 19:16 Edited 06-07-2017 20:27
I'd suggest you try roshmetal co.
Check out their web site http://roshmetal.com/ for details on their Metalworking program.
They have a great reputation but with a pretty wide appetite and I'm thinking they can likely do that for you.
Good Luck!
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Advice for Building a 6000sqft Steel frame Warehouse