Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / just a still alive
- - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 06-27-2017 00:08
Hi to all you guys/gals that matter. Just touching base

I may spend a lot more time at the PC soon.  Just got rolled out of a year long project, 33 stories and over 23.5k feet of piping work.  Time for a change and probably gonna start contracting for myself again...said it before...now I think it is time.   Oilfield is pretty weak, lots of shutdowns (too old feeling), lots of new construction in various places (not enough contract work...single hand single hand single hand).   Screw it.  See what I can make happen by myself again.  

Ahh well this is the land of the free you can write your own ticket and set the price for it if your willing.   God Bless America.:cool:
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-27-2017 02:24
Hello Tommy.

Saw your other post as well.  Good advice to the OP. 

Glad you are still around and have been doing well. 

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By Tyrone (***) Date 06-27-2017 11:00
Good Luck Tommy, fingers crossed.
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 06-27-2017 11:47
Hey Tommy :cool:
Make it happen, you have the drive and ability to shape your own destiny.

God Bless America.:cool:
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 06-28-2017 02:23
Nothing wrong with being on your own if you can stand going without a weekly paycheck and enjoy working for multiple "bosses."

Al
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 07-17-2017 02:15
Yea its definitely not for everyone....no offense but your typical pipeline type welder cant stand it....your typical oil field rig chaser is better suited cause he/she is use to waiting long term on money.   I am juggling like crazy so I can land in a decent spot and operate.

Just cause its here for the few that may see it.  Here is my advice.
Spend your money on tools and equipment when you need too .....its easy too liquidate back into cash with little loss.  Tools, tools tools,.....you get strapped you can always sell them.

Capital is everything....liquid cash enables you to do whatever you wish.  Always spend on saving/capital........just do it in a way the tax man cant hurt you.  GOOD Tax lawyers and accountants are worth their weight in gold.

Remember it really is just a game.

Tommy
Parent - By Sourdough (****) Date 07-20-2017 03:29
If you knew how to weld, you'd be alright.

Hahahaha....love ya brother!
- By mostyn harvey Date 07-19-2017 20:35
best of luck to you! hope all goes well
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / just a still alive