Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Thinking of Brent - The Fire is all but knocking on his door
- - By Trackergd (**) Date 06-28-2017 20:11
According to the lady who answered the phone at Brent's business, the Goodwin Fire, Mayer AZ is almost at his business.  For those of you so moved, please offer up a prayer for Brent and his extended family.

Garrett
Parent - By Maggs47 (**) Date 06-28-2017 21:16
Best of luck to you and yours, Brent.  Here's to humidity and a still air.
Parent - By Tyrone (***) Date 06-29-2017 11:05
Yikes!  That fire is spreading fast.
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-29-2017 15:23
Okay, let me give everyone a current, as close as possible to current, rundown.

First, Garrett talked to my wife, Sue.  She was appreciative of support from people she doesn't even know.  Thank you all.

The fire has shifted direction.  Good for us, bad for others.  Keep praying.  It is now headed toward lower population density but those people have a lot more animals. 

Our youngest son works on a local ranch for free room and board.  They are in the evacuation zone and had over 100 horses to be moved.  It shocked them big time when over 20 trucks and trailers came rolling up to help. 

The fire is over 25,000 acres now.  But, the winds will be considerably lighter today and temps are lower.  It will, with some Divine Intervention, give the fire fighters that boost to get a handle on this that we are all praying for.  They have over 750 personnel plus planes and choppers on the job now. 

We were already under what is pretty much an annual fire restriction alert.  But, last Saturday, some ... clown with no brains and a me first attitude came up from the valley to get out of the heat and take the family or friends camping and had to have a campfire.  Guess what?  He is burning up property and homes.  Rules are for everyone's safety and we don't always know better. 

Then, last night, another clown, had to have pictures and flew a drone through the no fly zone grounding all the air tankers.  People have no brains.  The Sheriff's Office finally closed down more of the roads even where people are allowed to be.  If you are not a resident you don't get in.  Too many looky lous who just had to see if for themselves and get a picture.  Then you see all these pics on the internet and they say, see how close to danger we are.  When they live 20-30 miles away and are just in the way. 

Thanks again for all your support and prayers.  These are times when we see communities still doing what made America great, helping each other.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day, I can sleep now, Brent
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Thinking of Brent - The Fire is all but knocking on his door