Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / all my good friends say
- - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 07-25-2017 22:42 Edited 07-25-2017 23:27
all the folks I RESPECT are kinda boycotting the >new> forum.

I have not looked really, I do not know.   The one thing I do know is I have met some of the most in depth most knowledgeable folks on this original forum and had the freedom to say whatever was on thier mind. In reality folks so deep in the welding world I had little right to talk to them.    A lot of these people I am referring to refuse to comment on AWS new digs.   That is a tragedy.  Folks this has been the single greatest resource to ask questions and get real world GOOD answers during my 25yr career.   ESPECIALLY regarding exotics welding. 

No matter: The AWS treated the forum as an aside, then it become a liability because of lack of management.   Well the MOVE is not working.....the AWS best resources refuse to contribute.   What are we to do?   Codes are just cODES...how you get there takes craftsmen...experienced craftsmen and management.  I personally have a tremendous amount of knowledge to share....it is irreplaceable. Thing is I am not lonely, most of my friends on here and otherwise have something that will never be taught in a class.  We want to share it so it will not be lost!

TO: the American Welding Society

You have and are alienating your best resources, the same people who promoted codes and discipline in the trade you are trying to administrate.   Some of the same folks you are offending are the same folks who set in committee and wrote the codes you are offering to enforce.  >lets continue to be real and listen to the trenches to help establish real world codes.    Otherwise we can all work to ASME stuff and just go by what the numbers say.

I am an educated person who loves my fellow craftsmen, your killing the trade, wake up and stop it.  After all if we were not all here....where would you be???????

**** the authority....if you have issues call me personally.....I will help as much as I can....that is what this website WAS about.     my personal phone number is 903-441-2573     **** YOU AWS     you just want money and you do a poor job of it.

Sincerely
Tommy
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 07-26-2017 13:10
Tommy,
With my job, I don't have the time to fool around and try to figure out the format over on the other forum....this one works on my phone and I can see the latest postings at a glance without having to go through bunches of threads.
So.... I stay over here
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 07-27-2017 00:54
Some of us watch both of them Tommy but I sure prefer this one.  The layout, the library, the people.  All is good. 

You keep up the good work. 

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 07-27-2017 14:16
Hey Tommy

I really don't see the problem..  

I was worried at first when they announced the new forum...  We old forum users had a big hissyfit and the AWS decision makers were willing to keep this old forum open and did not make changes to it...  Here it is.

The new forum has a ton of nice features, and a few glitches in structure (in my opinion), but there are lot's of really good experts posting there too.  Lot's of people go there and get answers to their questions....  Do they have to be AWS members?   Yes they do... That's ok... Like Al says... It's their sandbox and they left us our old one here too.

Everybody wants to rage against the AWS,,,  But they are hosting not one, but two welding forums that are fun and interesting...

Frankly there are some really sharp experts that post on the new forum who never bothered to come to this one...  It really doesn't matter why they didn't... 

Anyhow...  I enjoy both.   That's my story and I'm sticking with it.
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 07-27-2017 19:40
See now...where's that 'LIKE' button when you need it???
Parent - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 07-30-2017 03:08
Hey Tommy good to hear from ya....( by the way your right.....haven't /won't go " over there ")
- - By 803056 (*****) Date 07-26-2017 21:12
I can't say you are not correct with your assessment.

AWS wants us to play in their sandbox, but they don't want anyone to get a little sand in their sox.

Al
Parent - - By kcd616 (***) Date 07-27-2017 21:47
Al,
everyone knows my feelings on this
it is their sandbox
but they have set it up them to make the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:eek::yell::sad:
I do not care, it is my knowledge
do not look to make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ off it without paying me
I like the AWS people and glad to share with them and everyone
I should get my share
I shared for free
sharing is caring
for others to charge $$$$$$$$$ for my knowledge and not pay me
not the right thing to do
just imho
sincerely,
Kent
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 07-27-2017 23:38
Amen Bro.

Al
Parent - By Dzennika5 Date 07-31-2017 06:30
:)
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / all my good friends say