Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / information about CSWIP 3.1 AND AWS
- - By faiyazali.jmi Date 07-26-2017 08:20
Dear sir
my name is faiyaz from india,i am new here, i want to know about CSWIP 3.1,As well as AWS.my friend suggest me to do course CSWIP 3.1,
I  have completed diploma in mechanical enginering,and i am doing job in L&T As welding supervisor.i want to more study ,please help me
Parent - - By Andrew Mixon Date 12-09-2017 01:21
Hello Faiyaz.  I see no one answered your post but I thought I would give you my suggestion even if it is late.  If you plan to work in the United States, the CWI is more valuable.  If you are planning on working anywhere else in the world, the CSWIP is more valuable.
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 12-09-2017 03:47 Edited 12-09-2017 03:50
I'll second what Andrew said.

A quick search turned this up:

CSWIP - TWI Training & Certification
www.twitraining.com › Home › Exams
The CSWIP scheme is: an internationally recognised mark of competence for people engaged in welding and/or inspection related jobs in manufacturing, constructing, operating or repairing high integrity welded structures, plant or components; an accredited scheme - the UK government's Department of Trade and Industry ...

Al
Parent - By 46.00 (****) Date 12-13-2017 20:19
A few years ago, AWS and CSWIP had a mutual reciprocity agreement where, I believe a CSWIP qualified Inspector could sit just the part B section of the AWS CWI exam to gain a CWI qualification. This was discontinued for whatever reason, I thought it was a good idea and some of the UK inspectors working on a project I was involved in took and passed this, becoming CWI's.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / information about CSWIP 3.1 AND AWS