Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / UA Journeyman Written Test
- - By bkistner1987 Date 08-04-2017 17:18
Does anyone know of any good (preferably online based) reference/study material for the UA Journeyman Written test?  The categories to the test are Piping/Tubing, Blueprints, Math, Safety, Rigging, Steam, Welding, Hydronics, Refrigeration, Pumps.

I've found a few practice tests and have worked through them but was wondering if there was anything that's organized with some more info.

Thanks a lot
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 08-04-2017 19:35
Why would they make it available to the general public?

Al
Parent - - By bkistner1987 Date 08-04-2017 19:44
There are a few different practice test that are available to the public that came from different UA locals' websites, like I already indicated.  I'm just asking about study or reference material.  AWS does the same thing for their CWI test and code tests.  Other companies do a lot of test prep for the CWI test too. This is not an unreasonable request.
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 08-05-2017 01:59
Maybe, maybe not.  You are talking about unions and protectionism.  Is there anything reasonable about keeping such information out of the hands of just anybody?  That is totally up to them.  They are not on the same playing field as AWS. 

That's why they have an apprenticeship program. 

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By sinacedo Date 10-01-2018 04:42
pls how can I register as au and be a member
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / UA Journeyman Written Test