Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / need help--safty certicates
- - By flora Date 05-12-2003 14:54
what safety certificates are required in the states for a cutting torch? Are there various regulations in various states?
Parent - - By CHGuilford (****) Date 05-12-2003 21:09
I'm not sure what you are asking for.
If you are asking about the people who use cutting torches, I have never heard of any safety certificates being required other than an employer must verify the person has the needed knowledge. If a private citizen, then he/she should read all supplied info and get training if necessary.
If you are asking about certifying a product for sale to the public, then you should contact State OSHA departments or similar offices. I would also talk to major welding supply companies to see what they know, especially since you might need a distributor anyway.

CHGuilford
Parent - By flora Date 05-13-2003 03:23
CHGuilford, thank you very much for the information. It is very helpful. We are aimming to sale the product to public. Much interest for our oxy-gasoline cutting and welding torch from individuals for their hobbies. We provide the product from China. We have the safety certificate from Chinese authorities. I suppose there is similiar control in the states. We will contact the State OSHA departments as you adviced.
It will be very kind of you to put us in contact with welding or tool supply distributors. Thank you again.
Parent - - By wesley (*) Date 05-14-2003 11:51
Flora, You mentioned that you intend to sell to the public. For liability and certs. you need to contact the "Underwrighters Labitories" people. (UL listed) I think they can help. They have a web site for contact.
Wesley.
Parent - By flora Date 05-15-2003 10:31
Wesley, thank you so much. I heard of UL. I hope an UL certificate will be sufficient for an oxy-gsoline cutting & welding torch with a blast-proof gasoline tank. I will contact them. Thanks again.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / need help--safty certicates