Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Cwi cert question
- - By RoadHand03 Date 09-27-2017 10:56
The qc1 says that an inspectors loses cert if there are 2 years consecutive of no field experiance. My question is how does aws know that ive been checking and passing/failing weld tests for the fab shop im currently at? Im in my year and a half mark now. Thank you
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 09-27-2017 11:34
Hi Roadhand,
Personally, I  maintain a continuity record on myself and have my boss sign and date it every month. I have every NDT hour that I've performed recorded for the past 20 years of inspecting. It's not hard to keep once you get used to keeping it in your log book, just tally up the hours on each job at the end of the month.
Parent - - By TimGary (****) Date 09-27-2017 14:19
The 3 and 6 year renewal form has info and a signature verification for the individual to affirm they are meeting minimum requirements.
https://www.aws.org/library/doclib/CWI-SCWI-renewal-pkg-v4.pdf
Parent - - By RoadHand03 Date 09-27-2017 16:16
Thank you guys. Really appreciate it.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 09-27-2017 16:33
Read carefully through QC1 and B5.1, anything you did to qualify for the seminar/exam, qualifies as continuing applicable work to maintain your CWI.  That includes welding, drafting, etc.  All part of inspections and work experience. 

Brent
Parent - By RoadHand03 Date 09-27-2017 21:35
Wow i didnt know that. Yeah im mainly a welder. I'll have to look into that. Thanks brent
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Cwi cert question