Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / ASME Codes / R stamp questions
- - By Downhilldave87 Date 09-28-2017 02:01
Alright have decided that I am tired of doing all the work for a company and not reaping the rewards. So I am taking the steps to get my r stamp from the Nbic. Have an AI and AIA don't have signed agreement yet but will be moving forward shortly with that. Although i have been doing the actual work of repairs in the field for years I am new to all the paper work to obtain the certification. I do understand the quality control process as well the traveler, mtr, labeling, and testing process. Just looking for either reference information or maybe a consultant to help me get started? Suggestions? Did I put this is the right part of the forum??
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 09-28-2017 03:47
Dave,

WELDCOME TO THE ORIGINAL AWS WELDING FORUM!!  The Greatest Welding Forum In The World, Bar None. 

Wow, that is a challenge.  Insurances, a written QC program, an Operating Program/Procedures, Your own Certifications, a copy of all the ASME code books, other codes, and Inspection Services. 

I would think that a good start.  Some of the more ASME savvy guys should be along in the morning.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Up Topic Welding Industry / ASME Codes / R stamp questions