Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / lincoln dc 400amp? HELPPPPP
- - By slag Date 05-13-2003 03:41
I WAS USE'N A MILLER302 AND IT WAS A GREAT MACHINE, IT WAS EASY TO SET UP . NOW I'M ON A LIN.dC.400 MULT-PROCESS WELDING POWER SOURCE, ON THE M.302 ALL I HAD TO DO WAS SET THE WIRESPEED AND THE VOLTS. NOW ON THE LIN. I HAVE WIRESPEED,A.C. ARC CONTROL.,O.C, OUTPUT CONTROL., AND THERE'S ALSO A FINE T. ADJ.NOB... IS ANYBODY HAVE ANY HELP ON SET,N UP OR ANY INFO. THAT CAN MAKE THIS EASY?? THANK'S SLAG....
Parent - By CHGuilford (****) Date 05-14-2003 20:21
What process are you welding with?

We have a lot of DC-400s for our FCAW. Nothing much to set except for (1)output control goes to "remote",
(2)the contactor switch goes to "off", (3) The "Multi-Process" switch goes straight up to "positive", (4) the polarity switch goes to "positive", and (5) the power switch goes to "on". With those settings our LN-9 wire feeders control the power supply outputs (volts and inches-per-minute which corelates to amperage). Cables are attached according to the labels on the machines.

If this is NOT what you have, then I would contact your distributor for a book on your equipment to make sure your don't burn something up or electrocute yourself.
Have fun,
CHGuilford
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / lincoln dc 400amp? HELPPPPP