Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / AISI 4130 Overlay Welder Certificate
- - By BELLALTAMIM Date 11-10-2017 07:15
Dear Colleagues,
I need a sample AISI 4130 Welder Certificate.
If anyone having, Please share.
Thanks in advance.
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 11-10-2017 13:03
It would look like any other performance test record with different data entries. What welding standard are you qualifying to?

Al
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 11-10-2017 13:09
Does FC 2002 have sample forms ?

We may need a revision.
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 11-10-2017 14:03 Edited 11-10-2017 14:21
D1.1:2015 did such an amazing job we didn't believe there was a need to revise the FC. We simply adopted D1.1:2015.

When it comes to precleaning, the FC simply couldn't say it better than D1.1, i.e., "you can weld on any surface contaminated with any Buxx Shxx so long as the completed weld meets all the other D1.1 requirements". That is so concise, why go into great detail regarding the relationship between hydrogen, surface preparation, and cracking? Just thinking about it probably gave the committee a headache. It is so much easier to ignore the science and data. Hey, global warming and the need to preclean is all "fake news". By the way, when did the "crotch grabber" get a seat on the D1.1 committee?"

With the new D1 philosophy in mind, one must question whether we need to include all the sketches of the prequalified groove details. Wouldn't it be sufficient to say any groove that produces an acceptable weld be adequate? For workmanship, wouldn't it be adequate to say, "Any weld that doesn't break meets D1.1?" With regards to welding parameters, wouldn't be easier to say, "Any welding parameter that produces an acceptable weld is good?"AWS could save paper and ink and the code would weigh 1/3 as much. It would also reflect what really happens on the shop floor and in the field.

We used to refer to the FC as "The Other Big Red Book". Now the FC is redundant, we have "The Big Red Book".

The attached photograph is a situation that seems to agree with the new philosophy of the D1 committee. The welder responsible for the weld in the photograph made the comment, "Why does it matter if the backing is or isn't  tight against the underside of the joint if the weld meets UT?"

Al
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 11-10-2017 19:32
You are really easily revved up today Al !!

Slightly off topic of the original... But as far as surface contaminants go, 2015 may have updated language, but the intent behind it has been in place even preceding FC 2002.

I have all of the complaints you do... But none of the answers.    This one is a tough nut to crack.    How thin is thin?   how wet is wet?   how oily is too oily?  Any visible discoloration of base metal?   Till you can taste it?  if you can smell it?   If it smokes after you weld it?   I have come up with nothing better  :(
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / AISI 4130 Overlay Welder Certificate