Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / My Christmas Blessing
- - By welderbrent (*****) Date 12-27-2017 15:21
So, for those of you who don't frequent the NEW Members Only Forum, here is the post I made there:

The Holidays here at year's end do not mean the same things to all people.  But, a good number are thinking on many various issues of life.

For myself it is a time of reflecting on what God has done for me this past year and planning on how to be used by Him for this coming year.

As we came into Thanksgiving I was reminded of where I was last year in SC on a job and all the kind people who invited me to share Thanksgiving with their family.

Upon arriving home right at the first of Dec we loaded up the trailer and left for OR to take care of my parents while Mom had open heart surgery which turned out was a lot more serious than she had led us to believe.  We should have been there a couple of months sooner.  But, all went well and we had a good two months there with them and a safe trip up and back.  Though, we did have an interesting tire blow out experience in Kingman and met some of the neatest people to get a tire replaced and the trailer repaired to get back on the road. Safety was provided by God as well as meeting new friends.

Arriving back home and trying to find work, I was out of the loop since I had been out of state for a total of 3 months.  It took a couple more months to get back in the work loop.  I would like to thank the Smith-Emery crew out here for providing work for Darrell and i.  It has been a great experience and some interesting jobs. God has used them greatly to meet our family's financial needs for this year.

This year, Darrell got married.  What a joyous time.  And now, his wife is pregnant.  That will be grandchild number 15.  We are so blessed.

This year, we celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary.  40 years together.  Seems so much less than what the number implies.  It has had so many good times.

Coming into this holiday season, I got the annual sickness.  Ran 102.7°F fever for a couple of days.  It settled into bronchitis and a sinus infection.  The coughing from that has ripped my larynx so I have more coughing and can't hardly talk.  But this is nothing.  Little problems that will go away with time and some care.

Then, along came Thursday evening, Dec 21,2017.  A night I will never forget.  Coming home from Flagstaff, about a 90 mile drive, something went terribly wrong.  I remember passing three semi's and starting to change back into the right hand lane.  From there, I don't remember a thing until I came back into this world in the middle of my car rolling several times.

I came out of it with only bruises and a totaled car.  PRAISE THE LORD!!   People have lived through worse, but, people have died in less.  I am just glad my wife is not spending this weekend preparing for a funeral.  I am glad to have more time with my family.  I am glad my God cares so much for me.  I know there are others much worse off than I am.  I am praying for you.

It is an interesting emotional and self evaluation time.  But, I am glad to be alive and able to celebrate this time with family and friends.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND ALL, FAMILY TIME IS NEVER WASTED TIME.  THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THAN WORK AND MONEY.

Enjoy this time.  Celebrate life.  After Christmas, may you all enjoy and peaceful, prosperous, SAFE NEW YEAR.

GOD BLESS YOU ONE AND ALL.
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 12-27-2017 19:58
Good grief Brent that car looks awful, thank goodness you were relatively okay.

Merry Christmas to you too.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 12-28-2017 15:21
It isn't very operable at the moment.  Has surely seen better days. 

Hope all is well with you John.  Travelling working out okay for you? 

Brent
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 12-28-2017 21:21
Been staying close to home as of late. I have a couple large footprint, multi-story buildings that are just getting out of the ground as I type. They are both close by so I won't be more than a few minutes from home at either location. My previous employer has been using our firm for their shop inspections, so I've been keeping up with my old shop family and that has been nice seeing my old buddies again.
- By 803056 (*****) Date 12-29-2017 20:07
Glad you are still with us Brent.

Happy New Year - Al
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / My Christmas Blessing