Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / About qualifying welding electrodes for coating pouring
- - By Teoman35 Date 01-17-2018 07:32
Hello,

I have always encounter with pouring coatings on electrodes.

My question is: Is there any AWS or International Standart about qualifying coatings for welding electrodes?

Greetings,
T
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 01-17-2018 14:06
Hi Teoman

Can you say a little more about your question please.

I'm unsure what you mean when you say "pouring" and "coating" on electrodes????

Do you mean welding over things like paint, or galvanizing?

Or do you mean a substance being literally being poured onto the surface of the welding electrode itself?

I think much would depend on the material being welded and the process being used to weld it regardless.

Tell us more
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 01-17-2018 15:09 Edited 01-18-2018 13:08
Maybe he means "poor covering" on the electrodes. Perhaps he is experiencing problems with the concentricity of the covering around the electrode core.

He could be using a “translator” program to help him formulate his question.

Pour vs poor, it an easy mistake if English isn’t your primary language.

In this case, I believe the A5.X filler metal specifications might provide some useful information. The specification does provide guidance on the concentricity of the flux covering and the core wire.

Al
Parent - By Teoman35 Date 01-22-2018 10:30
Hello,

I mean a substance being literally being poured onto the surface of the welding electrode itself.

Because of it most of the electrodes looks crumbled. Not enough cover srenght on rod surfaces.

I'm looking for a standart for it.

Thank you

Teoman
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / About qualifying welding electrodes for coating pouring