Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / heat input
- - By MILLSCALE (*) Date 02-27-2018 05:01
I just notice that heat input ranges in a WPS are all different from root pass up to the cap pass.
My question is, in case HI as per pass exceeds the limit for that pass, but if I compare on other pass the HI input is within range, can I still say that HI input that exceeds that particular pass let say root pass be acceptable if I take for example the stripping pass with higher ranges to cover the root pass. Or why not use only one single range of HI from root pass up to capping pass if WPS uses same consumable and same base metal let say in the case of GMAW using 1 mm wire on a mechanized welding of pipelines.
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 02-27-2018 05:52
The differences in Q is most likely due to changes in the travel speed from one layer or one bead to the next. While there may be small variations in voltage and amperage, it is a change in the travel speed that has the greatest impact on the value of Q.

Al
- By babua Date 11-18-2019 07:18
I have got a job which has 4mm fillet joint. but after welding it with CMP process in TPX 400i the job is getting rusted with in 6hrs.,,,,may be of heat is more.
so, i have tried STT process-its quite slow... it stays for 16hrs without rust in the job.
any other solution to cover up the rust for 1 day,,,not the oil?
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / heat input