Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Career in welding
- - By Chris99 Date 03-19-2018 08:59
Hi all. I'm looking for a career in the welding industry. I have done a stick welding course last month. Besides this, I am looking for some other best welding courses to strengthen my career. Some of my friends suggested MIG welding. When I searched on the web I came across something called welder red seal course on some of the websites. I don’t know further details about this course or exam. Have you ever done any courses regarding this? I am also looking for some apprenticeship opportunities, so I guess I have to be a certified welder for that. I don't have any experiences yet. But I was able to do all the practical work during my course period. The faculty used to appreciate me for my works. But as a beginner, I don' think it's enough. I think I need to gain experience in this field to build a strong career. What all steps can be done to enhance my career in welding. Please do share your opinion.
Parent - By Steelslinger (**) Date 03-19-2018 12:22
Depends on where you are located.

The Welder Red Seal program is a Canadian system.
Parent - By soneuv Date 04-21-2018 04:41
I worked in the aerospace world where we did a fair amount of welding. Although that was not my field, those that were welders were considered artisans of their trade. It was good work and they were well paid. So, yes welding can be great field.
Parent - By mariagarcia (*) Date 05-14-2019 10:19
Welders should be skilled in their work and prior join to any agency or firm; they have to pass a hands-on welding test. As compared to any other career, they have more choices to settle down with welding profession. Let's see some examples where welders can explore their career such as:

·         Automotive industry

·         Robotics

·         Engineering

·         Ship building

·         Building construction etc.
- By lambang Date 10-16-2018 03:59
thank you
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Career in welding