Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / 3 year renewal
- - By willseals (*) Date 04-28-2018 15:55
I can’t have all the paper work and funds sent in until 30 before my CWI expires. Will this still be ok? I know the website says 60 days but I physically can’t meet that. Will I still be ok?
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 04-28-2018 18:15
Contact the certification department and tell them what your situation is.

Al
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 04-29-2018 15:21
Yeah, you will be okay.  It is all a state of mind.  Can't say the same for your certification and ability to work for a living though.

As Al said, contact the Certification Dept.  But, there is a grace period of 60 days but technically you can't work during that time.  It will depend ultimately on your exact job, customers, engineer, etc.  Previous CWI's can perform inspections when the engineer accepts their qualifications. 

There are many variables here.  And, since they now allow us to send everything in at 11 months before expiration, there really isn't much excuse for being late.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 05-02-2018 20:25
Hello Brent;

When did the AWS Members Only Forum eliminate the ability to send a message to other members? That used to be an easy means of communicating with other folks without making your message public.

Al
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 05-02-2018 21:40
Al
What is this AWS Members Only Forum that you speak of?
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 05-03-2018 07:35
John,

For the record, that is what I call the new 'Members Network' forum.  I greet first time posters with 'WELDCOME TO THE AWS MEMBERS ONLY WELDING FORUM!!'

I do so because it is for members only.  I think you know this and were being somewhat sarcastic but for the sake of others lurking out there I thought I better explain what we were talking about.

Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 05-03-2018 02:21
Looks like both went through. 

The one on people's profile page has been move to a box with three dots in it (periods) to the right of another box that is titled 'remove contact'. 

Let me know if you get them.

Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 05-03-2018 05:05
Got it. Thanks Brent.

Al
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / 3 year renewal