Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Save my eyes!
- - By Hinit Date 05-31-2018 10:34
Hi guys! How are you?

I like to play games on the PC and also I work for the PC in the office. Recently I encountered the problem of fatigue and pain in the eyes ... Did you have this? Can you suggest ways to deal with this? Thank you:confused:
Parent - - By Tyrone (***) Date 05-31-2018 11:19
I suggest glasses with shade #5.

But seriously, if it's an issue, time to re-think your career.  Eyes are more precious than a job.

Tyrone
Parent - - By Hinit Date 05-31-2018 14:10
I completely agree with you, but alas, in the next few months I need money.:cry::neutral:

And you have not heard of safety glasses that reduce the effect of blue ... They have such orange glass. Here, like these. My colleague says that at his last job one guy in such sat but to regret he does not know if he was helped by such or not ... Have you ever faced this?:roll:

I also started using eye drops, but I bought some horrible ones, and they also need to be selected for the situation as it turned out ... None of you used? Can you tell me? I'm using VISINE
Parent - By Tyrone (***) Date 06-01-2018 11:37
Hey Hinit,
Don't know anyone around here that have issues with looking at a monitor for extended periods of time.
Interesting link about glass colour.  I'll ask our health and safety department about it.

Tyrone

PS - Lay low on the Fortnite.
Parent - - By Jamie Hunter (*) Date 06-03-2018 12:20
Get blue light filtering gaming glasses. Gunnar Optics has great ones. I picked some up for when I'm doing planning before the job and heavy on the computer work. They help a lot.
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 06-04-2018 10:50
Hi Jamie,
Welcome to the forum
Parent - - By Jamie Hunter (*) Date 06-05-2018 12:02
Hey thanks,

Been fairly active on the AWS CWI and AWS Member Forum. Had to see what Brent Boling is always praising.
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-05-2018 16:42
Take some time to look around.  It will be obvious in short order. 

Weldcome Jamie.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
- By 803056 (*****) Date 06-01-2018 15:20
Stop with the video games or stop using the PC at work. The choice is make money or have fun.

Al
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Save my eyes!