Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Certified Welding Fabricator
- - By joconnell Date 06-06-2018 00:52
So my company is applying to be a CWF shop and I'm in charge of the operation. Any general knowledge, tips or advice would be appreciated. We are going off of the D 1.3 sheet metal code book and weld mostly 11 gauge and thinner material in numerous different fit ups. Is it necessary to have a WPS for every specific weld we perform in shop? Also how stringent is it in general?
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 06-06-2018 13:17
Does your company have any other certifications such as AISC? I only have experience with receiving the CWF certification by already having the AISC certification for buildings.

AWS realizes that by passing the AISC certification, the plant has the trained personnel, necessary equipment and a written quality system in place so they grandfather in the certification. We just sent AWS the money, the application and a copy of our current AISC certification and the CWF cert arrived a few days later.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Certified Welding Fabricator