Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI - required material for exams
- - By dan.yamashita Date 06-07-2018 02:21
Hello,

Sorry if this was posted somewhere already, I tried to search for it but couldnt find

If I take CWI exam without seminar, do I need to bring AWS D1.1 or is it provided for the exam? Is any other equipment necessary?

Kind Regards,

Dan
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 06-07-2018 04:16
Yes, bring a copy of D1.1 if that is open code exam you've elected to take.

Bring your own pencils and a sharpener.
Bring a time piece. A cell phone is not permitted.
Bring a calculator. A cell phone is not permitted.
Bring your acceptance letter stating the date and examination you are taking.
Bring a government issue photo ID.

DO NOT BRING A CELL PHONE INTO THE EXAMINATION!!!!
Do not bring a pad of paper into the examination.
Do not bring ear phones or ear buds into the examination.
Do not bring your dog, cat, rabbit, chipmunk, into the examination.
Do not bring your girlfriend or boyfriend, mom, dad, brother, sister, cousin, or stranger into the examination.

Good luck.

Al
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 06-07-2018 12:43 Edited 06-07-2018 12:49
It would appear that it applies to housing and flying. A two hour examination hardly qualifies for housing and AWS doesn't allow one to fly around the room during the examination.

That being said, there is no prohibition against staring at the tattoo on your arm, leg, or elsewhere to relieve some of the tension you may be feeling, but we would prefer you take care of those needs in private. If a chicken helps, again, we prefer you take care of those needs outside the examination room to avoid disrupting the rest of the people taking the examination. If you have a mouse in your pocket, please, don't squeeze it so hard that you kill the little bast+++.

Al :confused:
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-08-2018 12:22
Well that's just......... OK fine then.

jrw159 :cool:
- By jjjimeneza Date 08-09-2018 21:31
Have any of you submitted the CWI exam with Section VIII Div. 1 and Section IX of ASME?
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI - required material for exams