Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Fixturing for welding 10” 180’s.
- - By alan domagala (**) Date 06-16-2018 23:48
I’ve been tasked with manually TIG welding about a dozen of SS 10” 90’s to form 180’s with weldneck flanges. Obviously this is a whole lotta TIG welding,  but that’s what they want. I’ve been thinking about the most efficient way of doing this and coming up with some kind of fixture. I was wondering if anybody here has any ideas to make this a bit more easier on me and a bit more productive.
Parent - By Northweldor (***) Date 06-19-2018 00:37
I have no ideas, but I think someone called Flange Jockey in Belfast UK might know!

https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17655
Parent - By Jim Hughes (***) Date 06-19-2018 19:18
Alan,
When we did this configuration in a shop that I worked in a few years ago, we welded the flanges on first because we could put those on a positioner or a manual roll out jig. You can roll those welds out pretty fast. Then you fit the 90's and make that weld in the 2G position. Not saying it's the only way or that there might not be something better now, but it worked for us. 100% volumetric test was required for the work we did.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Fixturing for welding 10” 180’s.