Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Bid question / freezer job
- - By KC Metal Date 06-23-2018 14:22
I have four men that will be building two catwalks in a freezer. It will take 24 hours total. With that being said I was wondering what the going rate to pay employees to work in freezers and how much I should mark that up in my bid for profit? I’ve been told if I’m paying my men 20 a hour to mark it up to 60 a hour. Also, to work in a freezer that’s below 20 should I pay my men double? For example pay them $40 and mark it up to $120 in my bid? We also would have 80 hours travel time for a total of four men which would equal $1600.
Parent - By yojimbo (***) Date 06-23-2018 16:20
KC-

You'll generally find this forum is focused more on technical welding solutions than business/contracting advice.  There are plenty of people here who run businesses and will tell you: business knowledge is a distinct discipline from trade knowledge/skill.  It's not realistic to answer your question without knowing more about your operation.  What is your business structure, tax obligations, effective overhead, historical pricing in your region, job costs, gross and net anticipated profit margins.  If you know the answers to those, you'd know the answer to your question, if you don't there really is no correct answer to your question.  One of the real fun parts of running a business is learning just how much nerve wracking risk you're willing to take and learn from.  Best of luck.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Bid question / freezer job